At the Little Blue Elephant, we are very proud of our stylish and cosy café space and the huge care we take to make sure your dining experience is a pleasure. Whether you are joining us for toast and marmalade at 9.30am, enjoying a delicious cake and coffee mid-morning pick me up, or having a nutritious lunch or tea date with the little people in your life, we want you to love it. The café has been thoughtfully designed to be a very happy and relaxing place to enjoy for both grown ups and children. Every detail has been considered to make this a fantastic space for families and friends to spend quality time together.
Our food is fresh, simple and delicious. The décor and seating is practical, making it easy with children, but creatively styled with a quirky, industrial look adults will love. At The Little Blue Elephant we have combined two key aspects – a very cool grown up hang out, but a place that will also delight your children. Enough said.
We have highchairs in abundance, we absolutely welcome breast feeding and we are more than happy to warm bottles of formula should you need it. We have dining ware that is child friendly, bibs and wipes available if you have forgotten yours and your child can have as much tap water as they need to drink.
All we ask is that you do not consume your own snacks and drinks in our Play Café. Please be respectful of that at all times.
Please see a sample of our menu below. This menu is subject to change at any time.
- Toast and butter (two slices) £1.50
Marmalade, jam or Marmite for and extra 40p
- Fresh fruit 50p
- Kids’ mini cereal box and fresh milk £1.50
- Croissant or Pain au Chocolat £1.50
- Crumpets and butter (two crumpets) £1.70
- Toasted Tea Cake £1.70
- Sliced Beef, horseradish and salad £5.50
- Thick cut Ham and Dijon mustard £5.50
- Cheddar and red onion jam £5.50
- All served with a side salad and root vegetable crisps.
- Cheese and tomato quiche served with salad £6.50
- Bacon and sweetcorn quiche served with salad £6.50
- Jacket Potato
- with cheese & beans £6.50
- with prawns & mayonnaise £6.50
- bacon, sour cream & chives £6.50
- All served with green salad and homemade coleslaw
- Lunch Bags £3.50
- Beans on toast with a side of cheese £3.00
- Pasta in tomato sauce & garlic bread £3.50
- Cookie and milk £1.60
- Fresh fruit 50p
- Popcorn bag 90p
- Vegetable crudities and humous £1.70
- Crisps 90p
- Welsh cake £1.50
- A selection of cakes starting from £2.20
Only food and drink purchased at The Little Blue Elephant Play Café may be consumed here. We would ask that you would be respectful and supportive of this at all times.
Cakes and cookies are available all day – these are displayed on our coffee bar.
We are very proud to offer the high quality and locally roasted James gourmet coffee and a range of Canton teas, as well as our delicious hot chocolate for grown ups and children (complete with cream and marshmallows!)
Please ask if you need to warm baby bottles and we are also fully supportive of breast feeding.